Thursday, September 13, 2012

Laduree (II) - (Paris)

   This was very luckily for me,  a write up of a culmination of my last 3 visits to Laduree Paris.   I also visited their London store but the taste of the macarons is not exactly the same,  which is slightly surprising.   They will be opening a new store in Hong Kong soon and I hope it will maintain the Paris standards!   This review is on top of my earlier visit to Laduree (I) which was equally impressive.   As a side note,  I noticed a lot of Pastry Chefs don’t really rate Laduree highly and think it is beaten to death commercialized,  but after cross-checking a few times,  I have got to say their kitchen really makes the most consistently good macarons,  even counting in the fact they use the more sugary Italian Meringue formula these days..  Personally the final taste is always what I concentrate on!

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The Champs-Élysées Laduree Outlet was burnt down in a fire -
This is the new temporary store outside..






OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Pastries and Cakes -
There were some new items on display. 
*Excuse about the lower quality mobile phone photos,  most pastry shops don’t allow photos.


 


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
New Item - 
Kind of cute.

 



OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Macaron Flavours -
Macarons with Seasonal Menu -

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Fraise Coquelicot (Strawberry with Poppy Seed),
Salted Caramel,  Fleur d’Oranger (Orange Blossom) -
I have been eating macaron gerbets for a long time,  but after so many visits to here and other shops, I have got to say Laduree is consistently the one to beat.  Call me biased.  Call me uneducated.  I know there are shops which does better fillings than here and I appreciate them.  But the texture is always textbook perfect here despite adopting the Italian Meringue method nowadays.   The weakness lies in the slightly non-natural tasting fillings.  I am happy to compromise though ~  9/10






OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Plaisir Sucre -
A little dense and nutty chocolate. 
It was good but it wasn’t exceptional either.  ~  7/10




OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Another Laduree Outlet, on another Day -
After the major fire at the touristy Champs-Élysées shop as re-visited above,  this shop with a fuller range seems to be quite popular nowadays.  This is the rue royale store which has the extensive range as well. 

 


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Ispahan Ice Cream -
The famous Laduree meringue dessert has been plagiarised all over the world,  but guess what,  they still make the best version here.  I find that surprising because usually people copy and improve on the formula.  Well the Ice Cream version of the Lychee, Rose Petal and Raspberry combo is equally as impressive and absolutely adorable and you can taste each individual flavour!! ~  10/10



 

IMG_5706-1
Jardin Bleu Royal Tea -
Made with non-smoked Chinese and Indian Tea,  with additional Rhubarb and Wild Strawberries flavours,  scattered with Corn Flower and Helianthus Petals.   Suggested by the staff as I have exhausted my list here,  this was very enjoyable actually as it is exuberating that fruitiness fragrance with elegance.  It is not easy to find good teas outside of France,  it’s all about the tea culture. (UK teas I think are more up front in style in comparison but also great, but less blending.)  




IMG_5929-1
Airport Store -
This is a new Laduree addition on the Departure Terminal side.


 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Lemon & Lime Guimauve,  Liquorice, Strawberry Candy Guimauve -
Very impossibly good!  Some people find Laduree macarons a little confectionary.  So might as well order their more candy like flavours.  All pretty decent and yes, candy likeSmile   

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Haha.  Rose Petal and Strawberry Jam -
Anyone want to share with me?  I only bought 2 jars and already gave out 1 to a friend !

 

 

 

Price:   Euro 10-30£
Ease of Access:   3/5  (Most Outlets are in Touristy areas)
Food:   ♕♕♕♕♕ 1/2

Opening Hours:
Check Individual Stores here - 
http://www.laduree.fr/en/maisons/paris
Address:  Went to a few stores above.  Best bet for now is at 16, rue Royale, 75008 Paris.
Ph: +33 (0)1 42 60 21 79

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...