Friday, March 29, 2013

Coffee Alley 咖啡弄 - (Taipei, Taiwan)

  I am obviously aware that Coffee Alley 咖啡弄 has opened in Hong Kong recently and I did actually tried to queue in the HK Outlet during 1 afternoon.  But to no avail as I try not to ask for my friends to wait in line with me just to try out a new shop with an unproven track record.   And since a foodie friend already got one of the Taipei branches bookings lined up in Taipei itself,  and I love waffles myself,  who am I to say NO?   Let’s go straight to one of their Taipei branches..  At least we could try out the real thing directly as a comparison.

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
The booking is not as exaggerated as in the new HK Outlet -
Yet it still took a long time for getting our reserved table.  Huff Huff..

 



 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Although haven’t Eaten in the HK Shop yet -
I did read their menu there.  It was surprisingly exactly the same.  Down to the most recently added items.    Seems like us Hong Kongers aren’t getting ripped off either.

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Strawberries Mille-Feuille -
NOT available on HK side
,  cited for reasons of not being able to source the same ingredients over in HK.  This was puffy but ordinary in performance.  Perhaps no need to bring this to HK then thank you very much.   I am just always looking out for a real Parisian mille-feuille equivalent these days!  This was mostly puffy without the structure ~  6.9/10

 


 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Camomile Tea with Lychee – TWD 160
I ordered this as the server recommended it.  It was decent but not outstanding.  ~  6.9/10

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Strawberry Waffles with Strawberry Ice Cream,  Berries Sauce and Custard -
The famous item in Coffee Alley,  which I must say was copied from their previous employee 米郎期 Melange Café.   On this particular occasion,  the waffles batter was virtually tasteless though.  I did liked the Taiwanese sourced strawberries and the sauce,  though the custard was set too hard.  It’s about even in the end.  ~  7/10

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Fruit Tea -
This was the best item and it has some Taiwanese fruits and a few tropical fruits infused.  I really miss this tea.   But not so much the other items above.    ~  10/10    I actually started to develop a feeling that this is designed to satisfy for the youngsters only..  

 

 

 

Price:   TWD $300 Per Person
Food:  ♕♕♕♕

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sun -   12:00pm – 11:00 pm (Last order 10:00pm)

Address:  台北市大安區敦化南路一段187巷42號2樓
Ph: 886-2-2888-3322

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...