Sunday, March 27, 2016

SEPA Bacaro Veneziano [ Hong Kong ] - New Italian Venetian Menu and with FeedMe Guru App

 Thanks to FeedMeGuru App on mobile phones platform, to organize this lovely Venetian style dinner.  SEPA is a place I adore and have been quite a few times,  but never really managed to put up a post yet.  Their Smoked Eel Pasta, Beef Cheek Ravioli, and Bomba Bread with Truffles and Cheese are my absolute favorite items.



Rosemary Spritz Cocktail -
I always order this Cocktail..




Beetroot Tartare with Tuna, Jerusalem Artichoke Puree - $98
Have also had this a few times,  I personally think this is a nice concept but the tuna could be more seasoned or even with wasabi or horseradish to increase the taste..  ~  7/10




Arancini Rice Balls with Mozzarella Cheese, Tomato, Oregano - $88
Done just like in Italy itself...  it has White or Red versions over there,  this is the red version with tomatoes but not overly so.  ~  8/10





Modern style Beef Carpaccio with Egg Yolk Sauce and Black Truffles - $198
The beef looked well marbled,  but to me was a little too thinly sliced rather than pounded.  And the Black Truffles looked better than they smelt,  nice concept in theory though!  ~  6/10





Beef Tartare with 12 Sauces and Condiments - 
I like the idea,  and make sure you do it yourself.   




Thickly Hand Diced -
I appreciate this as it is actually not easy to cut up raw meat, for this or for a ragu




Veal Cheek Ravioli, Parmesan, Thyme & Veal Sauce Reduction - $158
Always has been one of my favourite dishes here, although the ravioli sizes do change as my last time here they were very small parcels instead. Full of veal cheek and reduction sauce taste, so memorable.    ~  8.5/10





M7 Wagyu Beef Bolognese Tagliatelle with 12 months Aged Parmesan - $158
My 1st time having this, I don't know I think the base sauce can have more depth or even a milky taste. The beef seemed to come in both large chunks and minced forms. I think compared to the ones I ate in Bologna itself, actually I am starting to think some pork contribution is also important?   ~ 6.5/10




63 Degrees Egg, Cured Pork Cheek Guanciale, Aged Parmesan Cheese - $158
The onsen egg was a nice idea, although I did expected more egg yolk coating on the pasta itself. The Guanciale were fried crispy well just like in Rome and thickly diced, expect them to be very salty!  Personally I am still trying to work out the perfect Carbonara cooking method, wouldn't it be fun if we had a Cook Off Competition just for this recipe? : )   *Imagine a Food Blogger vs Chef cook-off,  who ever loses just accepts it with grace and cheers !!   ~  7.5/10





Risotto with Chicken, Asparagus, Truffles -
The Risotto was quite creamy and well done. The Chicken Jus on top was quite concentrated and we joked that this tasted like a Cantonese dish. Overall, and ultimately, for this recipe I think it needed some actual chicken pieces.   ~  6/10





Lobster Tagliatelle Pasta -
The lobster pieces were good. The Pasta itself,  I find the base sauce can have even more crustacean sauce.  ~  6.5/10




Sausage Tagliatelle with Thyme & Potatoes -
On the Specials Board but forgot to take photo of the price. Someone commented that this was salty, although personally the above Carbonara was much more saltier just like in Rome. I liked this dish, but somehow think if there's so much potatoes, it needed even more cheese.  ~ 7.5/10




Ordering a Peroni Beer = 20% Off Pasta Dish




Tiramisu - $98
Done very well and with a creamy Mascarpone Cheese whipped well with Espresso. Not very alcoholic with Marsala or the alternative Rum. I think this was interesting because the Ladie's Fingers remained hard enough within, but overall for this price more wine please! If you make a Kid's version as an offer,  then why can't we make that as a separate offer please : ) ~ 8/10





Interior of the Venitian Space -





Price: $400 Per Person  (Meal Organized by FeedMeGuru App)
Food: ♕♕♕♕ 1/2 to ♕♕♕♕

Address - 61 Caine Road, Mid-Levels
半山半山堅道61號
Ph:  25219800



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...