Thursday, August 16, 2012

La Creperie de Josselin – (Paris)

  Uncertain as to whether all Paris visitors know of the famous Crepe street on Rue du Montparnasse, as there weren’t that many Asian faces that I had come to anticipate compared to the likes of Laduree or Angelina.    As someone who has a crepe fetish,  I have imprinted this street into my mind as the 1st place to visit if I long for crepes in Paris although I have always suspected  it to be also touristy,  hence sometimes I did try creperies in other areas.   This street is closer to the Edgar Quinet Metro station than the similarly named Montparnasse Bienvenue.    A train ride to Brittany or Normandy for good creperies meanwhile might only be a few hours away,  but it is always exciting to see so many Creperies all occupying the same street!   Paris locals might know of better Creperies in the more suburban areas, and if you do please do leave me a comment so I can work out where to visit next time around!    In the mean time,  this was another visit to Creperie de Josselin after skipping it the last time just like I deliberately skipped La Maison Angelina before a 2nd revisit.   After all quota is limited.   This time I was back with a mission and in fact Josselin was the first creperie I have ever visited in Paris years ago.  Upon this revisit I really want to compare the best creperies I have eaten so far in Hong Kong, France and Australia or elsewhere and settle it once and for all!

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Rue du Montparnasse -
Aka the Paris Creperie Street.
Breizh Café is found on the other side of the river. 
Each have their own selling points..




OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
With Dozens of Creperies on this same Street and with some nearby American Food Joints -
Strangely this remains the only Creperie I have visited on this street,  since it is steeped in history.  It’s possible there are equal or better creperies undiscovered here.  Until next time..



 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Old School -
I love the graphics on the menu here. 








OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Part of the Menu  -
Feel free to click to enlarge and see if it interests you.
It is kind of old school,  but it is good enough.  Just don’t expect any Aumonieres in there.

 




OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
I have a thing for Cozy Spaces -
While I don’t mind ultra modern style either.  So what matters the most ends up to be the taste.







OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Cidre Brut,  Pichet 50CL -  €5,10
There are better Artisanal Cidres on offer here,  but I just so happen to like their Pitcher offering and at such an affordable price.  Let’s test it out.   The more refreshing type ~  8/10


 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Couple Andouille de Guemene - €9,40
2 separate Layers of buckwheat pancakes are wrapped around this amazing pig tripes sausage!  2 Layered crepes are popular here but so far I have never seen it outside France.  The galette de sarrasin base texture was really great with bites of Buckwheat and aroma, was edge crispy but not tough.  Can’t foresee this getting any better.  Absolutely to die for level.  Amazing.   ~  12/10







OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERAOLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Maraichere -  with Spinach, Fried Egg, Lard Bacon, Fromage Cheese, Crème - €9,30
One of the signatures at Josselin.  This was simply sublime once again.  I can’t rave enough about it.  The presentation of the food is not that attractive here,  not exactly neat but this is just so Creperie de Josselin style.   To me,  the taste is more important and the galette crepes here I ate on that night were just simply unbeatable.   Personally I would rate here over >  La Creperie (Hong Kong) >  Breizh Café (Paris).   The latter was the most promising,  but that visit didn’t deliver in taste.  Whereas La Creperie HK is inconsistent but as good as Paris creperies if not better.  Josselin meanwhile looked the most normal and sterile but tasted easily the best!  ~  10/10





 

Price:   €23.80 All Inclusive
Ease of Access:  5/5  (right outside Edgar Quinet Metro
Station.)
Food:  ♕♕♕♕♕ 1/2

Opening Hours -
Tues to Sat:  Lunch to Dinner around 11pm
Mon and Sun:  Closed

Address: 67 Rue du Montparnasse  75014 Paris
Ph: 01 43 20 93 50

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...