Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Grand Cafe 君悅咖啡廳 [ Hong Kong ] - The Renovated Buffet Restaurant is Amazing Value for their Refined Food

 Grand Cafe 君悅咖啡廳 at Grand Hyatt Hotel HK after the recent renovation - takes on a rejuvenated approach for their buffet food.   The famous Hainanese Chicken Rice is now available unlimited during the buffet, and surprisingly Weekdays or Weekends are priced the same at $638 + 10%.  It is more systematic and easier to be understood by the customers. 





A Selection of Salads, with Smoked Salmon and Condiments - 
Looking very neat and we got a few of these to our table for sharing




Tuna Salad Nicoise -
One of my favorite salads in the world,  it carried all the right ingredients and executions, sauces as one would find too in Nice, France




Asparagus with Black Truffle -
I almost missed this,  but someone else brought this on the table Yay !




German White Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce -





Some Grilled Salmons with Roasted Garlic & Charred Fennels -
Smelling good and micuit cooked..





Beef Bourguignon -
Chunkily diced and looking well layered.  The sauce was very lovely,  although I wished the beef was cooked to more tender..



Hainanese Chicken Rice - Unlimited in the Buffet now
One of the more sought after famous Chicken Rice dishes in HK. The Chicken quality has also been amazing, with the Chicken Skin fresh and soft, absorbing in the poaching liquid taste after 3 bath dips, the Chicken meat tasty tender, a layer of Chicken Jello in-between which only forms consistently if you ice poach them somewhere along the tedious cooking process.  The rice was lovely fragrant.   I thought the Chili sauce could have more of a kick in hotness and citrusy





Chicken Soup -
Boiled with the Hainanese Chicken, it has some Turnips Sweetness, rather than Winter Melon or Lettuce taste in some other recipes.





Wok Fried Lobsters with Garlic and Spring Onions in Bouillon Broth - 
Apparently this was fried perfectly, with the meat still softish. I ended up not trying this with regret, as I was too full already..




Pan Seared Goose Foie Gras with Caramelized Apple Slice - 
Unlimited of course and nicely plated





Lobster, Flower Crab, Fish, Lobster Roe & Crab Roe Congee with Chinese Crullers -
I love this combination and this was actually the 1st dish I prioritized to eat.  On other days,  they make a soupy rice version on rotation.





Steak Tartare -
Diced thickly into chunks and not overly sauced




Chopped Bara Chirashi Zushi Rice -
This was a surprise find to me, as I was actually hoping to eat this dish on this particular day elsewhere but didn't make it during lunch.  Suddenly I found this again during dinner. With White fish, Salmon and Ikura Roes, Ginger, Cucumber, Crab Meat, etc. 





Parma Ham and Liver Pate Spread -
The Liver Pate is also famous at the Grand Hyatt Steakhouse side since their incorporation..  Nom Nom





The Bone-in USDA Prime Rib Eye Roast with Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Potato Wedges, Veggies - This was unexpectedly good and got the standing ovation from other friends.  The meat was tender to the bite and carried a good beef flavor.  Even the Mashed Potatoes were nicely done.  The Potato Wedges however could be crispier to me!




Parma Ham with Mozzarella Cheese, EVOO, Basil, and Heirloom Tomatoes -
I love Heirloom tomatoes, and they are quite expensive.  Very surprised to find them using these to pair with the Mozzarella in a buffet




Honmaguro Tuna Red Akami, Sweet Prawns, Hamachi Yellowtail, Salmon and Tako Octopus -
The tuna quality here was amazing.... the last few times I had really good Sushi-Sashimi in HK Buffets were easy to remember.  The Top 4-5 I remember are at here Grand Hyatt's Grand Cafe, Mandarin Oriental Clipper Lounge ,  The Promenade Harbour Grand,  Ozone at Ritz Carlton HK, also The Greenery at Royal Garden Hotel, etc.





Grilled Oysters, with Thai Style Stuffed Squids -
Grilled with Charcoal..




Scallop Ceviche with Lime and Chili, also a Prawns Salad -
Interesting cold dishes with Latin-American and Peruvian influence,  perfect for the Summery Weather





Grilled Prawns and Scallops -
Hey I remember taking some Photos of these, but I forgot to eat them haha




Seafood Counter - With Crab, Clams and Lobsters 
Someone did asked me online if they had fresh oysters, to be honest I didn't pay attention because personally I hardly eat raw oysters in Summer in HK, not even Australian imported ones unless I was 100% certain they were shipped and kept cool safely in Summer!  I did enjoy my Lobsters here!




Boston Maine Lobsters - 
This seems to be a prerequisite in all buffet restaurants in HK. The ones here are nice, and I also wonder where do they serve the best versions in town ! 





Apart from the Above Sashimi - 
Sushi is done with Attention here too





Steamed Grouper Fish -
A Huge fish. I took a bite of this and thought this particular fish was slightly over steamed, although the sauce and flavors were spot on 




Steamed Prawns -




Some Dumplings you can put into the Noodles -
Wished I was hungrier as I love these




Table of Sauces... 





Tempura Station - with Prawns, Asparagus, Pumpkin -
Dipped into Oroshi Tempura sauce,  quite authentic




Wok Fried Beef Slices -




Some Classic Cantonese Dishes -




Draught Beer - 
It changes on rotation, interesting to find this in a Buffet's menu




Lychee and Rose Tea -
Almost Pierre Herme and Laduree Ispahan like..






The Cheese Counter - 
The Cheeses available are mostly French, and also quite unique to find in HK. There's a Le Pont Blanc cheese, also one with Coffee infused into it!



Soaked Cherries and Chocolate Sauce -




Desserts in Verrine Glass -
Pretty Cute




Crepe with Grand Marnier, HK Milk Tea and Rum & Raisin Ice Cream, Candied Citrus, Grapefruit and Orange -
 I added on top some Blanc Cheese 





Dessert Cakes -
I was jokingly saying online that Girls really do have a spare stomach for desserts. For me, I will need to revisit again to conquer them all !



Choux Pastries -
It was meant to be a Choux Creme.  But I sandwiched some Ice Cream into mine coz it was quite hot on the day ~ !




House Made Ice Cream and Sorbet -
Tried 5 flavors. HK Milk Tea, Rum & Raisin, Vanilla, Pistachio, Raspberry sorbet.  I personally loved the Raspberry and Vanilla the most!




Apparently, after the Renovation and with the Appeal of the Hainanese Chicken Rice -
 Grand Cafe is pretty full everyday and requires some Booking ahead... It certainly is one of the best buffets if not the best in HK right now. Next time I come, I will probably need to starve myself for a few days 1st as I really wanted to eat more desserts : )   For HKD $638,  this really was amazing value and I can't wait to come back !







Price: HKD $638 Per Person + 10%
Food: ♕♕♕♕♕ to ♕♕♕♕♕ 1/2

Address: 灣仔港灣道1號君悅酒店大堂
Lobby, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong, 1 Harbour Road, Wan Chai
 Ph: +852 25847722



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...