Friday, November 6, 2015

Maxim MX - Hainanese Chicken Set done Very Right, for only HKD $49 ?

 It seems like the new Maxim MX branches wanted to hit customers with a bang and attractional new items at once.   Since I was gifted two Coupons to try them out and plus UFood Magazine was keen to review us afterwards of the opinions,  here is my take on it.  In fact,  this is not the 1st time I have tried this as I have covered it previously..

 

 

P1450055_edited
Received my Vouchers from Maxim MX -
As mentioned above,  not my 1st time eating this and my last outing was way more than very satisfactory overall.

 

 

IMG_3585IMG_3584_edited
Boneless Hainan Chicken Rice Set with Soup and Chicken Rice – $49 to $50
The Thigh requires an additional $8 surcharge,  actually if the chicken is cooked right I prefer the Breast part.  Most foodies in HK probably don’t agree due to pre-conception about the breast being rougher,  but it’s to me it is the breast part which tests the kitchen’s cooking ability.   This was so decently priced and I crave for this everyday almost.  Better than your $220 – $280 Hainanese Chicken Rice sets at certain Hotels if you ask me for sure.   ~ 8/10

 

 

IMG_3707
Chicken Rice with Chicken -
The base Chicken Rice,  comes with perfectly cooked long grain rice and Lemongrass and Garlic,  Chicken Stock & Oil flavours.   I think this was rather balanced as I had explained to U Food Magazine.   Loved it and for its pricing point it was rather immaculate.  Glad to re-explore this   ~ 8/10

 

 

IMG_3697
The Chicken-
It came with a slightly jello layer beneath the bouncy Skin.  Sauces wise,  I think the Chili could be more Chili hot,  the Soy Sauce could be more thickened Caramelized,  the Grated Ginger was right.    (Note:  I am comparing this to Singaporean Standards,  which is subjective as I am slightly biased towards that recipe).

 


 

P1450056_edited
P1450059_edited
Baked Pineapple & Pork Chop Rice with Egg Fried Rice –
There is always an on going battle between the Fairwood,  Cafe de Coral or Maxim’s or Maxim MX these days between this Baked Pork Chop recipe.   The Pork here was fried well with a batter.  The rice and sauce initially seemed a bit weaker than b4,  the Pork chop slightly carrying a bite.  Somehow towards the end of the meal,  I appreciated its overall balance..  ~ 7.5/10

 

 

IMG_3706
The MX Hainanese Rice Promotion -
I still have another Coupon left to try it again,  but it does sell out fast.

 

 

Price:  $49
Food:   ♕♕♕♕ 1/2

Address:  銅鑼灣波斯富街24-30號寶漢大廈1樓全層
Perceival Street 24-30,  Causeway Bay
Ph: 2838 6173

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...