Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cul de Sac - (Rome, Italy)

  One of the relatively few places I do not intend or need to write a long introduction about.  But, please just go and visit here – that’s my only avail advice.  I will too when I return to Rome next time, its that good!!



IMG_1022
IMG_1020
Piazza Navona -




IMG_1067
Cul de Sac -  An Enoteca e Ristorante



IMG_1059
IMG_1027
Nastro Azzurro (Pale Lager)  €3,0 -
A fairly local beer




IMG_1029
Bread -
Served without olive oil or butter.  But very good quality!   ~  8/10




IMG_1033
IMG_1031IMG_1032
An Extensive Selection -
Sample menu pages From Italian to Turkish mezze and some French or Spanish sharing dishes,
with wide selection of the best Italian Cheeses and Cold Cuts or Pig Head Sausage from all over Italy, and home-made pasta, pates, etc.   Amazing spread.





IMG_1044-1
IMG_1053
IMG_1050
Apulian Burrata from Puglia  €6,9 -
A very large Burrata, a creamy mozzarella.  This wasn’t round anymore but it was very fresh and quite runny.  Most importantly, this REALLY TASTED so much better than all burrata’s I’ve tried so far locally by a substantial margin.  Very cheesy and I couldn’t stop devouring the whole thing ~   10/10





IMG_1048
IMG_1049
Spianata  € 7,0 -
A type of Roman salami, this was so fragrant, and meaty with just a tiny hint of spice.
This was also just so fresh (which is a strange word to describe a cured meat).  Absolutely amazing and I cleaned up the whole plate.  I don’t know why, but the above 2 antipasti, I’ve never had such amazing quality before anywhere ~   10/10







IMG_1035
IMG_1038
Trippa alla Romana € 9,10 -
Roman tripes, a dish I’ve had so many times.  But here, it was again made perfectly in terms of taste, texture and balance.  If you wonder why I didn’t order more than 3 dishes here?   Its because I chose to eat every single piece of ‘everything’ I’d ordered in this shop, and almost all of the bread…  Everything was so technically correct and tasty, I decided to sacrifice CHOICE and just ate everything because I can’t be certain when I can get such high quality again!   ~   10/10




IMG_1052
IMG_1058
Enoteca Bar section -
With lots of wines and a Mineral Water dispensing machine..




IMG_1057
Looks Simple Enough -
But there’s a reason why this shop is recommended by almost everyone in town!





Price:  €29 Per Person (including Tax and 2 Beers.  Bargain!)
Score: ♕♕♕♕♕ 1/2

Address: Piazza Pasquino 73, Piazza Navona, Rome, 00186
Ph: 06.68801094

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...