Saturday, July 6, 2013

Dazzling Café - (Taipei)

 Honeyed Brioche or Danish Toasts are very likable,  especially for young girls.   Ok I do admit I have something for it as well,  it’s sweet and is highly appropriate as an afternoon tea item!   But there are some basic rules before it passes the test for me,  let’s see if they are up to scratch here for me here!  

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Dazzling Café in Taipei -
I have heard lots about it already…
If you ask me,  the whole Thick Honeyed Toast concept is borrowed from Japan,  which make the best ones on the market.

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Hello Kitty Themed Desserts -
When we visited.



 


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Strawberry and Apple Tea -

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Blueberry Danish Honey Toast -
Whilst this looked really pretty,  I can’t help to think the Danish bread base was totally missing any butteriness and it wasn’t too toasted up enough and quite soft.    The lady bug theme is cute together with the macarons adorning it.   I can see how this lures in the ladies crowd,  especially those after the cuteness factor.    But ultimately I have had much better in Japan!  ~  6.5/10

 

 


OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
White Chocolate,  Strawberries and Mocha Coffee -
I didn’t try this but apparently it was missing strawberries flavour and only ok.

 

 



OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Hello Kitty Strawberries Honeyed Toast -
The bread is different from the above Danish bread,  this was less layered and also majorly lacking any bread or butter flavour!   The toast was also very under-toasted by my standards as the edge was hard to cut through cleanly.  Once again I think it’s all about the cuteness -  and I can’t help but notice the inedible Hello Kitty signs,  which would be much more satisfying if they were actually edible.   ~  6.9/10

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Inside Dazzling Café -
Most visitors are females not surprisingly!  I love honeyed toasts so must admit I came with a little bit of expectation.  In the end,  whilst I like the toppings,  the base bread is not really too exciting for me,  especially when compared to Japan’s versions!

 

 

 

Price:   TWD $600
Food:  ♕♕♕ 1/2  to ♕♕♕♕

Ease of Access:  4/5

Opening Hours:
Sun to  Thu 12:00pm-11:00pm
Fri to Sat  12:00pm-12:00am

Address: 台湾台北市大安區忠孝東路四段205巷7弄
No. 11, Alley 7, Lane 205, Section 4, Zhōngxiào East Rd, Daan District, Taipei City, Taiwan 106 ‎
Ph: +886 2 8773 9238

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...