Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Schnee - German Restaurant done Right

 There are very few exceptional circumstances which excites me nowadays.  Apparently I have been labelled as arrogant,  ok they have a point.   I lost interest in food for a long time,  but to be fair when we visited Schnee,  I was mighty impressed for once.  The food execution was just as I remembered from Germany.   And this is coming from a small shop in Shau Kei Wan,  which is a foodie’s paradise if you ask me.

 

 

P1440511_edited
A Couple of Draft Beers available -
Wouldn’t be extensive as in Germany but this will do.




P1440517_edited
Some Wine and Beer -
My mother wanted to share both.  I said no,  it’s all hers,  since I am on detox.

 





P1440514_editedP1440525_edited
The Bretzel or Pretzel was superb -
It had the right aromas and texture.  Can’t believe this is in Hong Kong.

 

 

P1440527_editedP1440533_edited
Crispy Pork Knuckle with Sauerkraut Cabbage,  Roasted Potatoes -
Mightily executed.  The skin was crispy and the meat moist,  most importantly even the potatoes were crispy dry,  none of the soggy crap you receive daily.  Very impressed and although some pork knuckles are the boiled type,  I guess Hong Kong customers expect the crispy type somehow.  ~ 9/10



 

P1440531_editedP1440538_edited
Porcini Triangoloni Pasta -
I couldn’t decide between the more German Maultasche dumpling or this more Italian influenced dish.  Ultimately we settled on this and it was excellent and full of Porcini mushrooms taste,  even when behind the tomato based sauce.  ~ 10/10


 

Price:   HKD $350 for Two
Food:   ♕♕♕♕ 1/2 to ♕♕♕♕♕

Address:  筲箕灣東大街28-40A東興大廈地下1號舖
Ph: 27951616

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...