Monday, March 25, 2013

Kurotaki Soba 黒滝蕎麦 (II) - (Hong Kong)

 I succumb to Japanese buckwheat soba noodles without putting up any resistance.  Call it my weakness!!   There are many types of noodles available in Japan – many of them are not known outside of Japan as they are really restricted as regional dishes.  Wish I could try out all of them one day as well.    I remember having some really gorgeous rice noodles in Japan that are served with Medicinal soup bases,  or really great Soba noodles in Fukui in Japan.  Kurotaki in Hong Kong is the only current Soba shop which grinds the buckwheats and extrude their own soba noodles from in-house,  what exclusivity!   My last visit to here was only ok but in need of more attention  Kurotaki (I),  but since it was during their new openings I once again emphasize that I will always give any place the benefit of the doubt,  just because I know kitchens always take time to synchronize to their full potential properly and this will take months to get on top of their game.   This time around,   I was much more impressed in the taste at their soba and hope I could do them justice in the end anyway.  *Note:  This shop also belongs to the Pokka Group HK,  which also runs the Tonkichi tonkatsu shop which I had just reviewed prior to this.

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
更科 Sarashina,  抹茶 Maccha,  田舎 Inaka Soba Trio – $88
Made in house.   The noodles were definitely more tastier than before,  so was the dipping broth,  as well as cooking consistency.  The al-dente texture was spot-on during this occasion and so addictive if you wanted a bite.   Just wished it had a better fresh grated wasabi in the end!  ~  8.5/10

 

 

 

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Soba Soup  湯桶のそば湯 -
The Soba-yu soup was also better during this time,  filled with a boiled soba noodles buckwheat’s taste and an additional yuzu zest input of refreshing taste.   The dipping broth in volume was a bit small on proportion,  as I nearly ran out of the dipping Tsuyu.  Add on top of this remaining dip,  was the additional Soba-Yu soup to dilute the soup taste as a finish.  It could really do with more of the dipping broth from the beginning though.    ~ 8/10

 

 

 

Price:   $88 Per Person + 10%. 
Food:  ♕♕♕♕ to ♕♕♕♕♕

Opening Hours:
Mon to Sat -   12:00pm - 23:00pm

Address: 銅鑼灣告士打道280號世貿中心413-415號鋪
Shop 413-415, Podium 4, World Trade Center, 280 Gloucester Road, Causeway Bay
Ph: 2711 6362

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...