Wednesday, July 6, 2016

丼丼亭 Don Don Tei [ Hong Kong ] - Tempura Tendon for a Dime

 Recently, the opening of Shita Machi Tendon Akimitsu 下町天丼秋光 in Hong Kong has excited many fans of Tempura Tendon Rice, with the queue there requiring weeks ahead to book. More traditional Tempura Shops like Inagiku or Agehan seems to have been conveniently forgotten. Over here at Don Don Tei, which is operated in HK by Cafe de Coral Group, the Tempura quality is actually decent too and much cheaper. I can't believe my Tendon below only costed me HKD $60 and no service charge...




Don Don Tei - 丼丼亭
Although the address says its in Whampoa, to me I think it is closer to Hung Hom side.




The Tempura Tendon Options -
Surprisingly very affordable! I didn't know this before coming at all..




There are some Salt, Shichimi Powder and Soy Sauce -
However, they also offer seasonal salts for certain items, such as for their Anago eel which is $50.





Tsukimi Tendon with an Onsen Egg, 1 Prawn, 1 Fish, 3 Vegetables - $60
Comes with some side pickles but no soup. The tempura batter was decent, slightly thicker as per East Japan style Tendon but not overly so. The sauce to me could be thicker and sweeter, but overall it was done more decent than many shops. If this shop was closer to my place, I would be eating there a lot ! 






Price: HKD $60,  No Service Charge
Food: ♕♕♕♕

Address:  Shop 32-33, G/F, Site 3, Whampoa Garden, 120 Baker Street, Hung Hom
紅磡必嘉街120號黃埔花園第3期地下32-33號舖
Ph: 24099962


















No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...